Location: Bekesbourne, Kent
Salary: £16,000 - £17,000 depending on experience (£16,000 - £17,000 depending on experience)
Job Type: Permanent
To provide 1st line technical support to our customers, assisting them by logging and investigating problems via phone or email.
We are looking for an individual to join our growing technical support team and deliver a world class customer experience. This role within our busy and demanding team will require a highly motivated individual who is happy to work shifts with a minimum of one Saturday a month.
Candidate Profile & Attributes
- Demonstrates an enthusiasm for helping and providing excellent customer support.
- Knowledge and experience of providing IT support to office and consumer environments.
- A knowledge and experience of Internet technologies.
- An ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- An ability to prioritise and manage their work load effectively.
- Ability to participate and contribute effectively as a team member.
- An ability to organise their work in the most efficient way.
- An ability to motivate themselves and to take the initiative when appropriate.
- An ability to describe and explain clearly.
- Knowledge of MAC OSx and other Unix/Linux based systems.
- An ability to bring strong attention to detail.
- An ability to answer the phone in a professional way and in line with company policy and guidelines.
- An ability to use current windows operating systems.
- An ability to work with Microsoft office.
- A Passion to drive the Company forward and excel in all aspects of their work.
- Strong understanding of Ethernet, TCP/IP routing, Network packet analysis tools use and configuration.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- An ability to recognise issues that have a wider implication and acting upon them.
- Build knowledge of company services and solutions
- learn and utilise essential company procedures for assisting our customers and logging tickets in our CRM.
- Documenting solutions and sharpening problem-solving skills.
- Provide regular case status updates to CRM and customers, keeping them informed of progress on open tickets.
- Work to analyse and resolve complex problems in a team environment and consult co-workers and procedures to optimise problem resolution.
- Maintain ownership of customers problems and be proactive during the life cycle of the ticket until resolved.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.